Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Peter Romianowski <an...@gmx.de> on 2001/10/19 19:15:12 UTC

james 1.2.1 numeric IP

Hi,

I'm using james 1.2.1 (and it works like a charm after fixing the "german
date"-problem)
I know that the "numeric ip" issue is fixed in the current cvs, but I dont't
want to switch to pre-alpha code for production. I get the following error:

2001.10.10 05:58:15 300 (ERROR) from SMTP: Error parsing sender address:
someuser/mail.someserver.de@[127.0.0.1]: Invalid number at position 25

Can someone tell me how to fix this for 1.2.1? (By updating a limited number
of files or even better lines of code...)
If it is not possible or would be too unstable, then I have to wait for 2.0
beta or something...

thanks,
pero

Re: james 1.2.1 numeric IP

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
That error is specifically because of a bug in MailAddress.  You could try
to take the latest MailAddress code from CVS and put it into the old
version.  I don't think there were change to MailAddress aside from that and
some improvements to handling parser errors (instead of letting htem fall
through as runtime exceptions)

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

RE: setting loglevel

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
As I understand it the 1.2 version of James doesn't respond to changes in
loglevel. :-(

setting loglevel

RE: james 1.2.1 numeric IP

Posted by Peter Romianowski <pe...@antaramusic.de>.
ok, then I'll have a closer look at the james sources now, and I will post a
message with my ideas and questions later on james-dev. I would prefer
writing an admin-interface too, because you're right - there are enough
webmailreader-projects out there...

cheers,
pero

AW: james 1.2.1 numeric IP