Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Fabien Toral <f....@atlantel.fr> on 2003/01/16 18:09:04 UTC

Security model implementation with LDAP

Hi,

I actually try to implement a different security model in jetspeed using
an LDAP directory.

Our model sound like this ( (0,n) when not mentionned) :

user
(1,1)

    --- group --- role --- permission

I've some trouble, the actual LDAP Classes in Jetspeed implements a
specific security model (Jetspeed Portal's one).
Seems to be like this :

user --- group

    --- role --- permission

For me, the only way to bypass this, is to override all the
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.ldap classes, am i not wrong ?

In that case why the Jetspeed dev team did not the same thing like the
Jetspeed default security implementation using
Jetspeed{User|Group|Role|Permission} Interfaces and
BaseJetspeed{User|Group|Role|Permission} Classes ?