Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Marie-Hélène Forget <mh...@logient.com> on 2003/07/30 20:04:32 UTC

All or noting hits

Hi,

I wonder if the behavior of my application using Lucene respects the
behavior of Lucene when I perform a search.

I search for a word "Qvar" and I have 2 documents containing that exact
word. I get 2 results representing the 2 documents that I want.
Everything seems ok there, but I get other results that contains words
that starts with Q, P, O, and N but not the word I am looking for. I
detected an inverse alphabetic pattern. Is that normal ? Is this a kind
of ressemble search technic ?

Thanks in advance,

MHF

Re: All or noting hits

Posted by Marie-Hélène Forget <mh...@logient.com>.
On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 15:15, Lutz Horn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mit, 2003-07-30 um 20.04 schrieb Marie-Hélène Forget:
> > I search for a word "Qvar" and I have 2 documents containing that exact
> > word. I get 2 results representing the 2 documents that I want.
> > Everything seems ok there, but I get other results that contains words
> > that starts with Q, P, O, and N but not the word I am looking for. I
> > detected an inverse alphabetic pattern. Is that normal ? Is this a kind
> > of ressemble search technic ?
>
> This probably depends on the Analyzer you are using for both indexing
> and searching the documents. Which one is it?

WhitespaceAnalyzer

Re: All or noting hits

Posted by Lutz Horn <lu...@web.de>.
Hi,