Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Pavel S. Khmelinsky" <hm...@yauza.ru> on 2003/01/17 16:58:42 UTC

[users@httpd] apache down itself

Then I wake up this morning I found my apache down:
ps -A | grep httpd
*empty*

The last log message in the error_log:
[Thu Jan 17 04:02:01 2003] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
But I didn't send SIGHUP or any *HUPs.
The message from another logs are more earlier than 04:02:01.

My apache rpm version is 1.3.22-5.7.1. My system is RedHat 7.1 with some
updated packets.
OpenSSL version:
[root@ns /root]# rpm -qa | grep openssl
openssl-0.9.6-3
openssl-0.9.6b-18
openssl-devel-0.9.6-13

[root@ns /root]# rpm -qa | grep php
php-4.1.2-7.1.4
php-ldap-4.1.2-7.1.4
php-imap-4.1.2-7.1.4
php-mysql-4.1.2-7.1.4

May be somebody know whats happened with my apache?

Re: [users@httpd] apache down itself

Posted by "Pavel S. Khmelinsky" <hm...@yauza.ru>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Pavel S. Khmelinsky wrote:
>

>>Then I wake up this morning I found my apache down:
>>ps -A | grep httpd
>>*empty*
>>
>>The last log message in the error_log:
>>[Thu Jan 17 04:02:01 2003] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
>>But I didn't send SIGHUP or any *HUPs.
>>The message from another logs are more earlier than 04:02:01.
>>

>>My apache rpm version is 1.3.22-5.7.1. My system is RedHat 7.1 with some
>>

>Redhat's log rotation scripts will certainly restart apache after moving
>the log.
>
>Joshua.

Ok. Thanx! You are right.
But why apache not up after recieving SIGHUP?
This command I found in /etc/logrotate.d/apache:
/bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid 2>/dev/null`
But when I start it by hand apache is successfuly restarted.
And logrotate running every day, but apache is downed only one time in
many months.
Why sometimes it may not working?

P.S.: Sorry my English.

Re: [users@httpd] apache down itself