Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2007/09/14 14:44:21 UTC

Static product page possible?

Hello,
I have 2 products that I need to sell online.  Each product page (2 of them) are already designed and coded in html.  They are extremely "designed", that is, I can't imagine easily dynamically pulling out the content from a db to render the page.

That said, has anyone implemented ofbiz with this kind of scenario?  What I plan on doing now is to change the static page to post to the ofbiz shopping cart with the product id.  Ofbiz would still provide the checkout pages, etc.. just these 2 product pages would be static.

I would appreciate hearing any tips or gotchas!

thanks.
Phillip

Re: Static product page possible?

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com>.
Thanks for the info.

Just to be clear, do you mean to change the value of the Detail Screen on the product page to something like
"component://ecommerce/widget/CatalogScreens.xml#staticproductdetail" ?  Or did you mean something else?

Thanks!

You can override the template to use on a per-product basis, and those templates can be as static as you like. So yes, this is fairly easy to do.

-David

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.