Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/27 23:46:19 UTC

Re: how to "melt" phoenix with catalina

Binary,

I dont quite understand your question.  However I'll answer it as it
you'd asked "How do I go about componentizing Catalina so that it can
run inside Phoenix as a set of blocks and present services to other
Phoenix components".  Sorry if that is not what you are asking:

Basically , we tried and failed in previous months to mount Catalina as
an interface/implementation separated set of components on top of
Phoenix. We failed because of a couple of reasons - 1) there was poor
interface/impl separation for Catalina itself.  And 2) some of the trees
of class loaders would only work if they were mounted at root
(primordial) level.    Things may have improved since then but we are
mosting concentrating on Sevak which is a wrapper approach.  It still
has problems though possibly related to (2) above.

- Paul