Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/20 13:34:35 UTC

[log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Hi All:

There are had been rumors, rumblings, and ruminations of a 2.11.2 release
over the Thanksgiving holidays. Is that a possibility?

Gary

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Carter Kozak <ck...@apache.org>.
I'm interested in the 2.11.2 release as well, happy to help out if
there's anything you need a hand with.

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, NIO2 is FileSystem, Path, et al.

I used to work more heavily in file manipulation stuff (that wasn't
already tied to its own file API; *glares at Jenkins*), and back then,
I was hoping to work on porting VFS to use NIO2, though that never
materialized. From what I recall, one of the largest blockers to
making any rapid progress was figuring out how to implement the Path
API properly.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
When you say NIO2 I am assuming you mean the FileSystem stuff, which is what I mentioned earlier?

Ralph

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Actually, in thinking about your question it occurs to me that rather than integrate with Commons VFS directly it would make more sense to support the Java FileSystem abstraction. I had intended to migrate Commons VFS to support that ages ago but I’ve been too focused here and at work and it seems no one else has had an interest in doing it. I’m not sure why.

Ralph

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: [log4j] 2.11.2 release?