Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 17:13:17 UTC

Using T5 Validation Outside a Form

Anyone have an example of using Tapestry validation outside of the form
context?  As in, if I were interested in taking a domain object, checking it
for T5-annotated validity, and examining the messages myself?  I could
presumably dig into the form code deeply and find out which objects it's
using and how, but if someone's already doing this and can point me in the
right way quickly, I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman
http://www.geoffreywiseman.ca/

Re: Using T5 Validation Outside a Form

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at Tapestry CRUD-Hibernate Validator, part of the Ars
Machina Project:
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/project/tapestrycrudhibernatevalidator.
Its 1.1 version (the documentation is related to the 1.0 version, but
I hadn't had the time to update it yet) provides validation as a mixin
to be used inside BaseEditPage (from Tapestry CRUD) and another to be
used at any page class (DummyHibernateValidatorMixin).

--
Thiago

Re: Using T5 Validation Outside a Form

Posted by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Geoffrey Wiseman <
geoffrey.wiseman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have an example of using Tapestry validation outside of the form
> context?  As in, if I were interested in taking a domain object, checking it
> for T5-annotated validity, and examining the messages myself?  I could
> presumably dig into the form code deeply and find out which objects it's
> using and how, but if someone's already doing this and can point me in the
> right way quickly, I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

For that matter, if someone's integrated Tapestry with external validation
systems like OVal / Hibernate Validation that'd also be interesting to see.

  - Geoffrey