Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com> on 2012/08/21 09:41:45 UTC

Changing tab delimiter between key and value

Hi,
Can I change the default delimiter of tab in the output of a job to something else ? How to achieve it ?

Re: Changing tab delimiter between key and value

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
 It's maybe a typo in your post but did put the stars too in your
code/configuration?
Because there isn't any...

Regards

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Changing tab delimiter between key and value

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Changing tab delimiter between key and value

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Changing tab delimiter between key and value

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Changing tab delimiter between key and value

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Hi ,

I tried using conf.set ("*mapred.textoutputformat.separator*","::") , but it didnt work. It still prints the default tab.

Also I tried using it from cli, -D *mapred.textoutputformat.separator="::" -- even this didnt work.

In job.xml it showed proper "::" value though. Can you help me on this ?

What could be the issue ?

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:53:54 +0800
Subject: Re: Changing tab delimiter between key and value
From: gfb748@motorola.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

try to config "mapred.textoutputformat.separator" to your desired value.

Posted by Jie Guo <gf...@motorola.com>.
try to config "mapred.textoutputformat.separator" to your desired value.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiwari@live.com

Posted by Jie Guo <gf...@motorola.com>.

Posted by Jie Guo <gf...@motorola.com>.

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:20:44 +0530
From: bejoy.hadoop@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi Siddharth
If you are using the default TextOutputFormat , you can specify your separator between key and value usingmapred.textoutputformat.separator property.
Regards
Bejoy KS

RE: Changing tab delimiter between key and value

Posted by Jie Guo <gf...@motorola.com>.