Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr> on 2010/11/02 12:16:18 UTC

ProductPromo and promoText

Hi all,

while running tests, I found this point which should need some attention
from us.

I first created a JIRA issue which describes the problem, and now, I'm
looking for a better handling of promoText in OFBiz.

We are thinking that the promoText used for a ProductPromo should only
be the text displayed when creating an invoice, a quote or other in a
paper form.

When making an order, this promoText should come from the Content
entity, so the links would be nicely handled, and all the text
formatting would be also be simply added.

in DemoProduct.xml, we should not have those kind of usage, which are
by-passing some rules (like canonicalization, see :
StringUtil.checkStringForHtmlStrictNone).

     <ProductPromo productPromoId="9017" promoName="Test Gift with
Amount of Specific Product" userEntered="Y" useLimitPerOrder="2"
createdDate="2001-05-13 12:00:00.0">
         <promoText><![CDATA[Buy $50 of your favorite gizmos (all
products in Gizmo [100] or sub-category) get a free <a
href="/ecommerce/control/product?category_id=20111&amp;product_id=GZ-1006">Open
Gizmo</a>! Limit 2 per order.]]></promoText>
     </ProductPromo>

So, what do you think, and what should be done ?

Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz