Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/12/23 08:13:40 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "SolrCloud" by NoblePaul

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "SolrCloud" page has been changed by NoblePaul.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud?action=diff&rev1=8&rev2=9

  solr_server->solr_server requests may result in a timeout after "shard-socket-timeout".  If a flag indicating partialResults is set, we should not retry a different shard.  If a flag indicating partialResults is not set, we fail the request, or retry a different shard, depending on a new "retryOnTimeout" flag.  After a configurable number of timeouts, where other shards did not timeout, we can mark the node as "slow" or "timedout" in zookeeper.  A leader could optionally act on that information to remove the node or reallocate resources.

  == Resources ==
+  * The Jira issue [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1277 | SOLR-1227]]
- http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=bailey-developers
+  * http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=bailey-developers