Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch> on 2003/04/06 14:34:27 UTC

Further actions: 2.0beta-1 release and beyond

Folks

All the outstanding bugs targeted for beta-1 release now have
corresponding patches available for review. As far as I can judge the
review of these patches can be completed by Wednesday/Thursday. It looks
like we are almost done. It appears we can't make HttpClient any better
unless we expand our user base. There are quite a few people out there
who shun away from alpha quality software. With HttpClient 2.0 entering
beta phase some of them may have more incentives to give it a closer
look.

Jandalf, would you have enough time on your hands to go through the
administrative tasks of the release process next weekend? It there
anything we can help you with to make your live a bit easier?

Right after 2.0beta-1 release we should call code freeze on the 2.0
trunk and seriously consider branching it out. I can't wait for API to
be unfrozen.

What do you think?

Oleg

Re: Further actions: 2.0beta-1 release and beyond

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Jandalf,
I see it slightly differently. I would branch out 2.1 first. Then I
would remove some really nonsensical deprecated stuff (such as disk
buffering in GetMethod, Url*Method classes), implement cross-site
redirect, probably devise a new configuration architecture, and having
that done, I would move on to 3.0.

Oleg

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.