Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "calyan.bandi" <ca...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/18 11:58:42 UTC

file component - file producer - setting file permissions

Hi,

I have a requirement where in my route creates a file and writes some data
into it. The file is getting created successfully with default permissions
which is 0600. I want the file permissions to be changed to 0777 so that
applications running for different users can also have their hands on this
file.

I know that from in Camel 2.15.x version, 'chmod' option has been introduced
on the file producer component, but we are not using this version in our
project. How can i achieve this in 2.13.x version?

Thanks,
Kalyan

Re: file component - file producer - setting file permissions

Posted by "calyan.bandi" <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thank you claus. It works as expected.

Regards,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can try the exec command afterwards to run a chmod command that
changes the permission.
http://camel.apache.org/exec

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:58 AM, calyan.bandi <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement where in my route creates a file and writes some data
> into it. The file is getting created successfully with default permissions
> which is 0600. I want the file permissions to be changed to 0777 so that
> applications running for different users can also have their hands on this
> file.
>
> I know that from in Camel 2.15.x version, 'chmod' option has been introduced
> on the file producer component, but we are not using this version in our
> project. How can i achieve this in 2.13.x version?
>
> Thanks,
> Kalyan

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus