Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mohammed Imran <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 10:35:57 UTC

[Axis2] Secure The Admin Password used in axis2.xml

Hi All,

I'm trying to secure/harden Axis2 server and I see that the admin
password is stored in clear text in axis2.xml as shown below.
   <parameter name="userName">*admin*</parameter>
   <parameter name="password">*password*</parameter>

I couldn't find much information on storing the admin password
security in official documentation [1] and earlier discussions in
mailing list [2]. Was wondering if community has any
recommendations/links in terms of storing the admin password securely
which i can use to secure the Axis installation.

Thanks for your time.