Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jo...@kampf.de on 2002/07/12 08:38:19 UTC

Manager App Help

Hello List

When I Install a Web Application with the Manager App
.../manager/install... the Application runs correkt.

But when I restart the Server the Application is not accessible.
How can I tell the manager App to write the installed Configuration Data to
Disk.

Thanks Joern Karthaus

Re: Manager App Help

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 Joern.Karthaus@kampf.de wrote:

> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:38:19 +0200
> From: Joern.Karthaus@kampf.de
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Manager App Help
>

> Hello List
>
> When I Install a Web Application with the Manager App
> .../manager/install... the Application runs correkt.
>
> But when I restart the Server the Application is not accessible.
> How can I tell the manager App to write the installed Configuration Data to
> Disk.

Tomcat 4.0.x does not support saving an updated server.xml file to
remember the dynamically installed application.  You will need to
re-install each time you restart Tomcat (or manually update server.xml
yourself).

Tomcat 4.1.7 or later can do this.

> Thanks Joern Karthaus

Craig