Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael March <mm...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 17:58:53 UTC

replacement for rsvn..

Does anyone know of a tool that's like 'rsvn' but can work on a 'remote'
repository.

Some of my users want to reorg our repository but I don't want to give them
shell access to the Subversion server.

thanks!

--
<admiral>

Michael F. March ----- mmarch at gmail dot com

Re: replacement for rsvn..

Posted by Michael March <mm...@gmail.com>.
On 2/1/07, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/1/07, Michael March <mm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > rsvn allows you to do multiple moves and copies under ONE revision
> > without having to have a 'working copy' checked out.
>

> There was a feature added to trunk recently (will be in 1.5) that allows
> you to perform multiple copies/moves in one transaction.  You could not copy
> 5 folders, move 3 others and add 2 more all in one.  Do not know if rsvn
> allows something like that.  But you can copy or move several in one
> transaction.

Yeah... that's pretty much what 'rsvn' does.

Re: replacement for rsvn..

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 2/1/07, Michael March <mm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> rsvn allows you to do multiple moves and copies under ONE revision without
> having to have a 'working copy' checked out.

There was a feature added to trunk recently (will be in 1.5) that allows you
to perform multiple copies/moves in one transaction.  You could not copy 5
folders, move 3 others and add 2 more all in one.  Do not know if rsvn
allows something like that.  But you can copy or move several in one
transaction.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: replacement for rsvn..

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 2, 2007, at 14:19, Michael March wrote:

>> Perhaps mucc, the multiple-URL command client, would help you. It's
>> included with the Subversion source. To make it, type "make mucc" in
>> the root of the Subversion source directory.
>>
>> http://subversion.tigris.org/tools_contrib.html#mucc_c
>
> Hmm.. that looks really cool... Can I use the current version of
> 'mucc' against Subversion server 1.2.3?

I assume you could... I believe all 1.x clients are supposed to be
compatible with all 1.x servers and vice-versa.

Re: replacement for rsvn..

Posted by Michael March <mm...@gmail.com>.

Re: replacement for rsvn..

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: replacement for rsvn..

Posted by Michael March <mm...@gmail.com>.

On 2/1/07, Ruslan Sivak <rs...@istandfor.com> wrote:

> Not sure what rsvn is, but I use TortoiseSVN to reorg the repository,
> and it works well for me.
>
> Russ
>
> Michael March wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a tool that's like 'rsvn' but can work on a
> > 'remote' repository.
> >
> > Some of my users want to reorg our repository but I don't want to give
> > them shell access to the Subversion server.
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > --
> > <admiral>
> >
> > Michael F. March ----- mmarch at gmail dot com