Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/01/22 11:24:01 UTC

Re: unofficial SpamAssassin 3.2.0 not-a-prerelease tarball available

Doc Schneider writes:
>Justin Mason wrote:
>> Hi all --
>>
>> there's an extremely unofficial SpamAssassin 3.2.0 tarball
>> available at:
>
>Is there any documentation that needs to be worked on for when it does
>become an official release?

hi Doc --

actually, yes, there is ;)    We need to summarise the "important" changes
since 3.1.0 -- ie. the contents of the Changes file, with the unimportant
changes skipped and the highlights of the remaining ones picked out as
one-liners.  (Generally this means picking out the cool new features.)

--j.

Re: unofficial SpamAssassin 3.2.0 not-a-prerelease tarball available

Posted by Doc Schneider <ma...@maddoc.net>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> Doc Schneider writes:
>> Justin Mason wrote:
>>> Hi all --
>>>
>>> there's an extremely unofficial SpamAssassin 3.2.0 tarball
>>> available at:
>> Is there any documentation that needs to be worked on for when it does
>> become an official release?
>
> hi Doc --
>
> actually, yes, there is ;)    We need to summarise the "important" changes
> since 3.1.0 -- ie. the contents of the Changes file, with the unimportant
> changes skipped and the highlights of the remaining ones picked out as
> one-liners.  (Generally this means picking out the cool new features.)
>
> --j.

I can do that... You want this in a different file or should I overwrite
Changes? (I don't think that is a good idea.) How about a NEWS file?
Lising all the "NEW" features? I'll grab a new svn of the trunk and see
what I can do.

--

  -Doc

  SA/SARE/URIBL/SURBL -- Ninja
   12:56pm  up 8 days, 21:54, 15 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.90, 1.05

  SARE HQ  http://www.rulesemporium.com/