Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org> on 2019/04/03 13:13:57 UTC

Any Ideas for ServiceComb projects for GSOC 2019???

Hello All,

As we know that Apache is an approved organization for GSOC 2019 so
ServiceComb being an Apache project also has an opportunity to engage in
this program.

Currently we have not listed any ideas for GSOC 2019 for ServiceComb so if
someone from Java-Chassis, Service-Center, Saga & Pack has any ideas which
university students can implement it that would be great to list the
ideas.

Mostly we will have lot of ideas which can be good for project but because
of the time constraints we are not able to implement it, so I think it's a
good time to list those ideas and see if some university student is
interested in implementing it so that it will be good for them as well as
good for community.

We have discuss all the ideas in this mail thread and if everyone agrees to
some particular ideas then we can raise a Jira for the same.

Regards
Asif

Re: Any Ideas for ServiceComb projects for GSOC 2019???

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Zheng Feng,

Can you provide a little more details to this, I don't have a very clear understanding of Saga but as per my understanding LRA also has same concepts like Saga, so are we just trying to make our specification similar to LRA Spec, if Yes then how is acceptability of LRA spec in ecosystem.

Regards
Asif

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Mentor may need to spend 5-10 hours per week to mentor the student,
and the student need to spend 30-40 hours per week for nearly three
month.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
java-chassis:
  we have provide a new module named "inspector" to inspect internal data
of a microservice instance.
  currently we only have one feature in inspector: view/test/download
schemas
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCB-1188
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12961872/image-2019-03-11-02-34-39-543.png

  we still need to add viewer of AppManager and DiscoveryTrees.
  that can help others to understand our consumer mechanism

  is this suitable?

Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com> 于2019年4月3日周三 下午10:06写道:

Posted by Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,