Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xiaoyu Tang <fi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/18 04:23:07 UTC

how to detect the servlet at the start-up

Dear all,

I am using Tomcat 4.1. I am confused by one problem, basically I cannot view the servlet in the http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/appdev/sample/web/index.html. The file refers to the servlet using <a href="hello">servlet</a>, where the web.xml has defined this servlet as
   <servlet>
        <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>mypackage.Hello</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>hello</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

The package structure is as following
                                         sample
                                        /          \
                                     web        src
                           WEB-INF   index.html
                               /
                            classes
                             /
                           mypackage
                           /
                         Hello.class(which is compiled from src directory)
Since this is the application which comes as an example by Tomcat to show how to deploy an usable application, I am wondering if some basic configuration is missing?

Thanks a lot for help. Clayton Tang