Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Devavrat Tendulkar <de...@ness-gsg.com> on 2005/01/07 07:47:21 UTC

starting from scratch....

Hello,

All the documents I've come across regarding Lenya (Wiki's mainly) tell me
to copy the existing default publication and start tampering around with
that.

However for someone who's new to Lenya (and cocoon) I cannot figure out what
are the bare minimum things I need. How can I start making my own
publication from scratch in a blank directory without copying anything. If I
need to port an existing site built in cocoon into Lenya...how would I do it
??

Could anyone please provide me a link if there is one ???

Regards,

Devu.

                        Devavrat Tendulkar
                        Software Engineer  Ness Global Services
                        devavrat.tendulkar@ness-gsg.com  tel:
91-22-56441108

            Signature powered by Plaxo Want a signature like this?

      Add me to your address book...

Re: starting from scratch....

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Devavrat Tendulkar wrote:

[...]

> If you want to use Lenya 1.2, you can copy
>
>    $LENYA_SRC/webapp/lenya/pubs/default

> But I can't figure out where to put all my stuff in case I'm creating a new
> site of my own.

You can put it wherever you want.

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/DeployPublicationHowTo
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya-data/attachments/NewPublicationHowTo/attachments/lenya-setup.pdf

-- Andreas

RE: starting from scratch....

Posted by Devavrat Tendulkar <de...@ness-gsg.com>.
Devavrat Tendulkar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All the documents I've come across regarding Lenya (Wiki's mainly) tell
> me to copy the existing default publication and start tampering around
> with that.
>
> However for someone who's new to Lenya (and cocoon) I cannot figure out
> what are the bare minimum things I need. How can I start making my own
> publication from scratch in a blank directory without copying anything.
> If I need to port an existing site built in cocoon into Lenya...how
> would I do it ??

What is the time frame for your project?

probably first get a sample site up from within Lenya. Probably with some
JDBC calls thrown in or some business object call which does that.

If you want to use Lenya 1.2, you can copy

   $LENYA_SRC/webapp/lenya/pubs/default

But I can't figure out where to put all my stuff in case I'm creating a new
site of my own.

   $MY_PUBS/my_publication

The most useful information at the moment is
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/NewPublicationHowTo

----

If you can wait until 1.4 is released, or if you want to work with
the development version, look at
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/PublicationTemplating

HTH,
-- Andreas