Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vignesh <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/22 23:09:37 UTC

In which scenarios would "INVALID_REQUEST" be returned for "Offset Request"

Hi,

In which scenarios would we get "INVALID_REQUEST" for a Version 1 "Offset
Request"  (https://kafka.apache.org/protocol#The_Messages_Offsets)  ?

I searched for INVALID_REQUEST in https://github.com/apache/kafka and below
is the only file that seems related.

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/96ba21e0dfb1a564d5349179d844f020abf1e08b/clients/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/common/protocol/Errors.java

Here, I see that invalid request is returned only on duplicate topic
partition. Is that the only reason?

The description for the error is broader though.

"
This most likely occurs because of a request being malformed by the client
library or the message was sent to an incompatible broker. See the broker
logs for more details.

"

Thanks,
Vignesh.

Re: In which scenarios would "INVALID_REQUEST" be returned for "Offset Request"

Posted by Vignesh <vi...@gmail.com>.
We see even when we use  https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka nuget
version .11.0, https://www.nuget.org/packages/librdkafka.redist/

-Vignesh.

Posted by Vignesh <vi...@gmail.com>.
I am just sending the request directly using my own client, Protocol api
version I used is "1" https://kafka.apache.org/protocol#The_Messages_Offsets

Posted by James Cheng <wu...@gmail.com>.