Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Markus Heinisch <Ma...@trivadis.com> on 2006/10/11 11:15:48 UTC

Memory Leak with version1.6b

Hello,

I'm new to AXIS_CPP. I have managed to deploy my own sample Web service with the simple axis server on Win XP (using Visual Studio 2005).

While testing my Web service with SoapUi, I discovered a memory leak!
My Web service is very simple and based on the class:

	class EosServiceWS
	{
	 public:
	  EosServiceWS();
	 public:
	  virtual ~EosServiceWS();
	 public:
	  void onFault();
	  xsd__string search(xsd__int Value0);
	  xsd__string suche(xsd__string Value0);
	  void test();                                             // <--- My test case
	};

The class was generated from the WSDL file (like all server side files).
I only tested the method test(), which has an empty body, but I see a constant increasing memory consumption which does not shrink.
Is it a known problem? on Windows? How about Linux?

Any hints to find a workaround are welcome.

Cheers Markus

Re: Memory Leak with version1.6b

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Have you followed the advice given here:
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/arch/mem-management.html

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)