Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@apache.org> on 2021/09/27 22:59:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.2.0

Dear community,

I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.2.0.

Candidate release notes:

    https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.2.html

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so dig
right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on
community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be
made.)

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.2.0/rc.1/

There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.

Please follow the test procedure here:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release

Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these
artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.2.0.

Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,
-Nick

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.2.0

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@skunkwerks.at>.
On Thu, 30 Sep 2021, at 16:44, Nick Vatamaniuc wrote:
> Thanks everyone for verifying
>
> RC1 voting fails and we will issue an other release candidate
>
> So far the issues are:
>   3) couch_prometheus_e2e_tests:109: deny_prometheus_http...*failed* :
> this looks like a network stack issue difference. We test that when we

Once I disabled all my extreme-tinfoil-network-security defaults, #3 is
resolved. We can drop that off the list.

A+
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.2.0

Posted by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for verifying

RC1 voting fails and we will issue an other release candidate

So far the issues are:

  1) Building fails on Windows : Thanks Joan, for verifying and debugging.

  2) For the FreeBSD build issue Dave found a fix
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/3770 and it's already merge.
Thanks, Dave!

  3) couch_prometheus_e2e_tests:109: deny_prometheus_http...*failed* :
this looks like a network stack issue difference. We test that when we
disable the additional port we get a econnrefused error (passed
through from the kernel / libc) but on FreeBSD it might come in as a
timeout. Is that a configuration option that can be tweaked on FreeBSD
to return econnrefused, we could also update the test to accept
timeout as a valid response but it's a generic test run timeout so
that seems not as optimal.
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/3.x/src/couch_prometheus/test/eunit/couch_prometheus_e2e_tests.erl#L109

-Nick

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@skunkwerks.at>.

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

On 29/09/2021 01:03, Nick Vatamaniuc wrote:
> Thanks for checking, Joan.
>
> What version of Erlang was it?

20.3.8.25.

> I recall we excluded erl_interface from rebar and enc (port compiler)
> so we could compile on Erlang 23+, but I don't think we ever updated
> the windows flags:
>
> A few instances:
>
>  https://github.com/apache/couchdb-rebar/blob/ee85b6920474e6e1b9c1802b092e022720b6b676/src/rebar_port_compiler.erl#L723-L724

This alone wasn't enough, unfortunately.

>  https://github.com/davisp/erlang-native-compiler/commit/0302390774db4104bfb46383d2819ed06ce78d1f#diff-fb2f03770e7203b48a9f4581e5bf983c213191888b048438f33e52acfcc42232R745-R746
>
> Would removing those lines help? Sadly I don't have a Windows dev
> setup to give it a try.

The enc inside of jiffy is the checked-in binary; we haven't fixed that
part of the build yet. So this is going to take more doing than I can do
quickly.

Will look at more after I get some sleep.

Posted by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for checking, Joan.

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Juanjo Rodríguez <ju...@apache.org>.