Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by sa...@tkk.fi on 2008/05/20 13:46:51 UTC

UTF-8 and Search

We have been editing several pages with text containing "Nordic"
characters - words like "pöytäkirja", say. No problems. Now, however,
someone wanted to search for this word, and typed it into the Search
box (where it first says "Quick Navigation"). But on the Search page
that opened, it read "pöytäkirja", changed, apparently, by JSPWiki.

The search was, of course, unsuccessful.

What am I doing wrong? The file
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/JSPWiki/WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties does include
the line

    jspwiki.encoding = UTF-8

Thank you,
Sakari Aaltonen

Re: UTF-8 and Search

Posted by sa...@tkk.fi.
Quoting Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>:

> Have a look at http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/TomcatAndUTF8

Problem solved - thank you!

(It's not only JSPWiki that is new to me; Tomcat is, too...)

Sakari Aaltonen

Re: UTF-8 and Search

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
Have a look at http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/TomcatAndUTF8

 Florian

Ursprüngliche Nachricht vom 20.05.2008 um 13:46: