Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/13 20:20:09 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Make Erlang 23 the minimum supported distribution

Hello everyone,

I'd like to propose making Erlang 23 the minimum supported Erlang
distribution. We have accumulated a lot of ifdefs and other cruft
supporting various APIs and syntactic constructs since Erlang 20. With
Erlang 25 just released it could be a good time to do some cleanup.

We could remove ifdefs for crypto, time functions, the non-syntactic
get_stacktrace() macro, as well as have access to nifty new
functionality like persistent terms, atomic counters and a few other
things.

If we want to switch to rebar3, that would also be easier with Erlang
23 being the minimum.

What do we think?

Thanks,
-Nick

Re: [DISCUSSION] Make Erlang 23 the minimum supported distribution

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ilya Khlopotov <ii...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.