Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 00:10:54 UTC

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

I started some preliminary work on this a couple of weekends ago.

Lots to do still. Will eventually move it over to Apache.

https://github.com/stevengill/cordova-electron
https://github.com/stevengill/cordova-js/tree/electron

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@bocanegra.ch>.
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Toby,
> We'll take the PRs, thank you for doing that.
thanks.

> The resourcing problem still remains for maintenance of this however, not
> sure if we have an answer for it yet (which depends on popularity etc).
I understand that the use cases for the osx platform is limited. maybe
we can opensource our multi-touch support library - so it can really
be a valid kiosk-mode alternative to windows.
It also would be an easy distribution mechanism for cordova based apps
and games that have a value on the desktop. But clearly, for a real
desktop app, electron is much more powerful.

> Perhaps an answer is convergence with cordova-ios, platform differences
> wrapped with a bunch of pre-processor macros (kinda like WKWebView source).
We can certainly look into this. However, I like the clean separation
between platforms and I don't want to pollute the ios codebase with a
lot of #ifdefs. Or how big is the common core that is not ios
specific?

regards, toby

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Toby,

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org>.

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi,

AW: cordova-osx - mothball

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

AW: cordova-osx - mothball

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Kerri Shotts <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nikhil,

I will take a look at that PR as I work on this and provide feedback.

RE: cordova-osx - mothball

Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Sweet Steve +1