Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org> on 2017/07/17 13:58:43 UTC

Re: Invitation to travel to Berlin

Hi,

just a quick heads up:

On 2017-05-25 14:37 (+0200), Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org> wrote:
> We think that running some smaller (70 to 200 ppl) event in autumn this
> year as a dry run would make sense.

Current time frame is to have that early November 2017. Dates and CfP to be announced later this week, early next week. (Current blocker is that the event needs a name ;) ).

> I know that this is too short notice for most of the long-haul travelers
> among you, however I learned that there are ppl who'd fly longer than
> 4hours to be part of this. So - thanks for putting me into the "get
> creative mode": The idea is to have a larger event* on
> Wednesday/Thursday after Berlin Buzzwords 2018**. Currently reaching out
> to friends who could help produce this, getting encouraging feedback.
> Careful: No budgeting done yet, no contracts signed, nothing!

For those who haven't been at Berlin Buzzwords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJksbD5Z_pY&t=3s

tl;didn't watch: We were able to convince newthinking communication to support the event the same way they have been supporting Berlin Buzzwords - they are producing the event, together with Stefan I'm their community link.

Talks will revolve around all things community, legal, governance, async decision making, $insert-your-favourite-topic-here. We'll post a call for presentations end of this year.

The event will happen in the same week as Berlin Buzzwords (but not on the same dates). Anyone who suspects that there is some eval plan at work to keep open source people in Berlin for a whole week including weekends:  }:-)

Isabel

Re: Invitation to travel to Berlin

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
Europace AG
z.H. Isabel Drost-Fromm
Klosterstrasse 71
10179 Berlin

would be the snail mail address. :)

--
Sorry for any typos: Mail was typed in vim, written in mutt, via ssh (most likely involving some kind of mobile connection only.)

Re: Invitation to travel to Berlin

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Sharan,

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 09:57:09PM +0200, Sharan Foga wrote:
> I am also keeping some for MesosCon too and am not that far from Berlin so
> if you let me know what you need I will check my stock or get an estimate
> cost.

We won't be having more than 100 attendees, so maybe a pile of 50 or so?

MesosCon happens in Prague at Open Source Summit, right? We could meet
there and I simply carry whatever is left after that
with me back home, shouldn't be too much additional weight in my suitcase.

Alternatively happy to forward a postal address directly to you.

Isabel

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Isabel

I have some and am having some printed for the Solutions Hamburg conference
in a couple of weeks.

I am also keeping some for MesosCon too and am not that far from Berlin so
if you let me know what you need I will check my stock or get an estimate
cost.

Thanks
Sharan

On 22 Aug 2017 9:41 pm, "Isabel Drost-Fromm" <is...@apache.org> wrote:

Do we have any stickers or the like close to Berlin that I could help get
to people in November?

Happy to get them printed locally if that helps avoid customs
hassle/shipping costs - but maybe there's already something located close
to or in Berlin which could be distributed that I'm not aware of.

Isabel

Re: Invitation to travel to Berlin

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

finally we have a name: FOSS Backstage

We have a date for the micro summit event in autumn: Nov 20th 2017

CfP for the micro summit: https://berlinbuzzwords.de/17/news/call-papers-mikro-summit-november-foss-backstage-2018-open

Official URL: http://FOSS-backstage.de

More information available via info@foss-backstage.de (I'm subscribed there as well so no need to put me on cc ;)

We probably won't be having too many slots to leave some time for bouncing ideas around the official FOSS Backstage in June 2018.

While I'd love to see everyone at both events, I know that summer 2018 is the only time that works for many of you. I'll post the exact date for 2018 as soon as I have it here. For those who want further information directly in their inbox on both events, there is a separate newsletter subscription form on the CfP announcement page.

Any help with spreading the word welcome.

CU in Berlin soon,
Isabel