Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Claudia Albisetti <cl...@banana.ch> on 2000/05/24 19:01:09 UTC

Serializing a DOM Document under Windows NT (Visual c++ 6.0)

In order to serialize my DOM's content I used your application code
DOMPrint and ofstream instead of cout.
If I run the application under the DOS environment all works fine, but
if I create an application which should run under Windows NT (win32
application) I get Access Violation error at this point:
                target << child << endl;
target is a ofstream and child a DOM_Node.
NTDLL! 77f7629c()
NTDLL! 77f8322e()
KERNEL32! 77f12e09()
What do I have to do? Sorry for my silly question but I am new. Thanks
very much for your help.

Claudia Albisetti
claudia@banana.ch
www.banana.ch

Re: Serializing a DOM Document under Windows NT (Visual c++ 6.0)

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
The first thing to check is that you are compiling your
application with the "use Multithreaded DLL" runtime library
option in MSVC.

The choice of debug or release library versions must match
between the xerces library and your application.  The
prebuilt Xerces library uses the Release runtime; if you
need a debug library you'll need to rebuild it.

Future versions (real soon now, I hope) will have both
debug and release libraries included in the distribution.

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA
heninger@us.ibm.com

Accessing Content Model in Java version of xerces

Posted by Bruce Brown <br...@b2systems.com>.
I'm using the Java version of xerces. I'd like to be able to feed in an XML
document and then have access to the content model that is created. The
intent is to be able to determine the shape of a document given some example
XML which may not have a DTD. The C++ version of the code allows access to
the content model, but I've been unable to obtain access to it in the java
code. There are a number of private and protect methods that have access to
it.I didn't really want to implement a new validator / parser and all that
that entails.

Has anyone else tried to do this? Or, does anyone have any insights that
might be helpful in solving this problem?

Bruce Brown
B2Systems, Inc.