Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by hmalovekar <en...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/10 09:26:32 UTC

Search Products in webpos

in Webpos Main Screen
search products say by product name it is very Slow
i must wait about 1 minute then i start writing to make autocomplete

how can i make it operate faster?

Re: Search Products in webpos

Posted by hmalovekar <en...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks

Re: Search Products in webpos

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi hmalovekar, please ask further OFBiz usage question in the user list.

This is one of the areas in webpos that needs to be improved before use.

The reason for the slow response I believe is due to the fact that it
searches all the product in the system, i.e. there is no filtering by store,
catalog, category...
Also this exposes products that are not supposed the displayed to the user
(expired products, configurable product components...). Another thing to fix
is restrict the number of results returned in the response, as currently it
returns all of the found products.

Bilgin Ibryam