Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hoying, Ken" <Ke...@PremierInc.com> on 2008/05/06 16:47:19 UTC

Upgrade from 2.06 to 2.011.1 Error

After upgrading my libraries and TLD from 2.06 to 2.0.11.1, I am getting
the following error.

2008-05-06 10:42:36,648 ERROR (http-0.0.0.0-8080-2:)
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/sca].[
jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
/jsps/npc/DownloadContractsWithErrors.jsp(43,2) According to TLD or
attribute directive in tag file, attribute action does not accept any
expressions

Do I have the correct TLD?

Re: Upgrade from 2.06 to 2.011.1 Error

Posted by Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>.
Hoying, Ken wrote:
> Editorial:  I cannot help but wonder if these consecutive painful
> upgrades are going to have an adverse affect on Struts2 adoption, future
> user base and perception.  I have been a big proponent of Struts2 up
> till now, but must admit that I am finding myself questioning if there
> are not better frameworks with friendlier release strategies available.
> If it was a vendor rather than open source that did this to me, I would
> be one very unhappy customer.

Same here.
Not being able to use expressions inside struts tags is not acceptable.

RE: Upgrade from 2.06 to 2.011.1 Error

Posted by "Hoying, Ken" <Ke...@PremierInc.com>.
Thanks, Dave.

I saw the short blurb in the release notes on the changes for security.
I did not see any work around.  The only one I have been able to come up
with is to use the previous versions TLD with the new code.   I am not
sure that I want to have to rewrite all of my JSP pages to not use JSTL
in Struts tags.  It appears from some of the documentation that I am
seeing on 2.1 that I may have to rewrite again anyhow as Ajax and Dojo
support sounds like it is going to be separate and use plugins instead.

Editorial:  I cannot help but wonder if these consecutive painful
upgrades are going to have an adverse affect on Struts2 adoption, future
user base and perception.  I have been a big proponent of Struts2 up
till now, but must admit that I am finding myself questioning if there
are not better frameworks with friendlier release strategies available.
If it was a vendor rather than open source that did this to me, I would
be one very unhappy customer.

Thanks,
Ken

> After upgrading my libraries and TLD from 2.06 to 2.0.11.1, I am
> getting the following error.
>
> 2008-05-06 10:42:36,648 ERROR (http-0.0.0.0-8080-2:)

[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/sca].[
> jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> /jsps/npc/DownloadContractsWithErrors.jsp(43,2) According to TLD or
> attribute directive in tag file, attribute action does not accept any
> expressions
>
> Do I have the correct TLD?

Yep.

See the release notes for 2.0.10/2.0.11 for the short explanation, or
any number of list messages posted since then for workarounds and
solutions.

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-2010.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-2011.html

Dave