Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Rodrigo Spinola <ro...@bol.com.br> on 2003/02/02 13:48:11 UTC

Re:Xindice Questions

Hi Susan,

 Could you help me? I am having a problem with Xindice.
I start the server but receive this error message
(Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/xmldb/base/Configurable)
when I´m trying to run this command (xindiceadmin ac -
c /db -n addressbook) and I don´t know how to solve this.

Thanks,
Rodrigo

> Hello all,
> I am currently a graduate student in Information Scienc
e at the
> University of NC at Chapel Hill. I just starting using
Xindice and
> really think it's a great tool. Bravo for the Apache XM
L project! For a
> user interface course I'm in this semester, I am planni
ng to build a
> prototype for a gui-
based content management system that sits on top of
> the Xindice database. I need some users though to answe
r a few
> questions...as there obviously aren't a plethora of ppl
 at the
> university that have ever used a native XML database :)

> So, if you have a few seconds in your day for a lowly g
rad student, it
> would be great if you could answer 7 questions about ho
w you decided to
> use a native XML database...Either fill answers out at
this url:
> http://www.questionbuilder.com/html/styles/corporate.sh
tml?cqmid=2659

> or respond directly to me with answers to the questions
 below. I would
> greatly appreciate it and I swear I won't clog up the u
ser list again!
> Additionally, the results of the survey will not be use
d for any
> commercial purposes. They are primarily for me to get a
 feel of what
> features would be appropriate for a GUI that works with
 Xindice.

> Cheers,
> Susan
> former java developer, current grad student
>
> QUESTIONS:
> Name 2-
3 reasons why you chose to use a native XML database?

> Do you find a command line interface difficult to use w
ith a native XML
> database?
>

> Would you prefer to use a GUI based interface
> for database management (i.e., a content management sys
tem
> that sits on the Xindice database)?
>
> Do you currently use a content management tool or datab
ase management
> tool for organizing and managing XML documents?
>
> If so, which tools do you use?
>

> List 3-
4 tasks you do on a daily basis with the Xindice database
.

E-mail Premium BOL
Antivírus, anti-spam e até 100 MB de espaço. Assine já!
http://email.bol.com.br/

Re:Xindice Questions

Posted by te...@email.unc.edu.
Hi Rodrigo,
Do you have the jdk in your machine path? How about the Xindice Home
environment variable in your path? I also have the jdk in my class path.
HTH,
Susan

Quoting Rodrigo Spinola <ro...@bol.com.br>:

> Hi Susan,
>
>  Could you help me? I am having a problem with Xindice.
> I start the server but receive this error message
> (Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/xmldb/base/Configurable)
> when I�m trying to run this command (xindiceadmin ac -
> c /db -n addressbook) and I don�t know how to solve this.
>
> Thanks,
> Rodrigo
>
> > Hello all,
> > I am currently a graduate student in Information Scienc
> e at the
> > University of NC at Chapel Hill. I just starting using
> Xindice and
> > really think it's a great tool. Bravo for the Apache XM
> L project! For a
> > user interface course I'm in this semester, I am planni
> ng to build a
> > prototype for a gui-
> based content management system that sits on top of
> > the Xindice database. I need some users though to answe
> r a few
> > questions...as there obviously aren't a plethora of ppl
>  at the
> > university that have ever used a native XML database :)
>

> > So, if you have a few seconds in your day for a lowly g
> rad student, it
> > would be great if you could answer 7 questions about ho
> w you decided to
> > use a native XML database...Either fill answers out at
> this url:
> > http://www.questionbuilder.com/html/styles/corporate.sh
> tml?cqmid=2659
> >
> > or respond directly to me with answers to the questions
>  below. I would
> > greatly appreciate it and I swear I won't clog up the u
> ser list again!
> > Additionally, the results of the survey will not be use
> d for any
> > commercial purposes. They are primarily for me to get a
>  feel of what
> > features would be appropriate for a GUI that works with
>  Xindice.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Susan
> > former java developer, current grad student
> >
> > QUESTIONS:
> > Name 2-
> 3 reasons why you chose to use a native XML database?
> >

> > Do you find a command line interface difficult to use w
> ith a native XML
> > database?
> >

> > Would you prefer to use a GUI based interface
> > for database management (i.e., a content management sys
> tem
> > that sits on the Xindice database)?
> >
> > Do you currently use a content management tool or datab
> ase management
> > tool for organizing and managing XML documents?
> >
> > If so, which tools do you use?
> >

> > List 3-
> 4 tasks you do on a daily basis with the Xindice database
> .

__