Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jon Drukman <js...@cluttered.com> on 2006/03/03 19:31:18 UTC

Blah blah customer/viewer #123456789

SpamAssassin 3.1.0 on FreeBSD 4.  It's working great for me 99% of the
time, but there is one common type of spam that it lets through.  I
can't seem to train it to ignore it, and what's worse, it has begun
hitting BAYES_00 and AWL so it's autolearning all these bad messages as
ham!  Argh!

The messages all have subject lines like:

Starbucks Member #76613238
Ebay Customer #463-170
Amazon Customer - 106-737
American Idol Viewer #836b
Abercrombie Customer #877-52-BBS

Those have all been accepted just in the last 2 hours.

Typical Spam-Status line looks like:

tests=BAYES_40,SUBJ_HAS_UNIQ_ID autolearn=ham version=3.1.0

I actually ran that same message through again just to see and now it's
hitting BAYES_00, so it thinks it's even less spammy!

Normally I would expect the URIBL stuff to kick in but it looks like
it's not even being run on these messages.

[56857] dbg: uri: parsed uri found,
http://www.interambulacrums.com/starbucks/
[56857] dbg: uri: cleaned parsed uri,
http://www.interambulacrums.com/starbucks/
[56857] dbg: uri: parsed domain, interambulacrums.com
http://interambulacrums.com/starbucks/lmo.cgi?ggp2w5emmkxk2w7r.l-19.h-9
[56857] dbg: uri: cleaned parsed uri,
http://interambulacrums.com/starbucks/lmo.cgi?ggp2w5emmkxk2w7r.l-19.h-9
[56857] dbg: uri: parsed domain, interambulacrums.com
[56857] dbg: uridnsbl: domains to query: interambulacrums.com