Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by footh <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/25 18:32:30 UTC

XHTML Serializer and JX Generator - possible bug?

I switched from the HTML serializer to the XHTML
serializer and a peculiar thing happened.

All my JX variable expressions that use "dot notation"
suddenly do not output any data.  So, for example, if
I passed a bean-like object and tried to access one of
its "getter" methods like this:

${myobject.name}

I get no data returned when using the XHTML
serializer.  This only happens to parameters with the
dot.  I can pass, for example, an XML document object
like this:

${xmldoc}

And the document will print out as expected.  If I
switch back to the HTML serializer, everything works
fine.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I
can fix it?

Thanks,

JF

Re: XHTML Serializer and JX Generator - possible bug?

Posted by footh <fo...@yahoo.com>.
Oops, I figured out the problem.  It just so happened
that the same pages that used dot notation JX
parameters also required a querystring with more than
one parameter.

Under the HTML serializer, I had to use "&amp;amp;" to
separate querystring parameters in XSL.  But, that
causes "&amp" (as opposed to "&") to be the separator
when I switched to XHTML.  Therefore, the parameters
weren't passed in correctly, and the page wasn't
returning the correct data.