Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca> on 2003/07/04 04:39:20 UTC

Tomcat-Apache JSP compile error

Hello,

I'm having a problem compiling JSPs dynamically when using mod_jk2.
When I change a JSP file and try to access it I get the following error:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.

And then a stack trace.

If the JSP is already compiled then of course I'm not getting the
problem.  I can see the generated _jsp.java file but for some reason it
won't compile.

If I use Tomcat alone everything works great.  I can then go back to
using the JK2 connector because the class files are up to date.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?  Or has anyone seen anything like
this?

Atreya

--
____________________________________
Developer

RE: Tomcat-Apache JSP compile error

Posted by Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca>.
Hey Tim,

Yup, I read through that exact thing.  I tried all of the things there
without any luck. I'm thinking that it is simply a configuration error.
So I will just re-install everything.

_____________________________________
Atreya Basu
Developer,
Greenfield Research Inc.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Posted by Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca>.
Okay,

I looked at this and it seems to be an Ant script problem.  It appears
as if Ant can't find the javac executable.  I know that this is a common
problem because I've found some discussion about it on the Tomcat
website.  The thing is it almost seems that this problem hits only some
people.  Maybe I'll do a re-install and it'll go away.

Atreya

Atreya Basu
Developer,
Greenfield Research Inc.