Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/10 23:09:33 UTC

KARAF - SCA/Tuscany/ActiveMq binding example

Hello,
Has any one point me to an OSGi/SCA/ActiveMQ binding example? Has any one
done it? I'm looking to invoke an OSGi call upon receiving a msg from
activemq.

If not I'm happy with an ActiveMQ example running inside KARAF where upon
receiving a msg from an ActiveMQ(JMS) queue invoke an OSGi service!

Any help regarding this will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Re: KARAF - SCA/Tuscany/ActiveMq binding example

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Since you have no time, you can look at working examples at:

http://code.google.com/p/camelinaction/source/browse/trunk/chapter7/jms/

The link above is a code sample from the "Camel in Action" book which is
highly recommended.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
Apache Gora <http://incubator.apache.org/gora/> Committer
*

Re: KARAF - SCA/Tuscany/ActiveMq binding example

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Matt,

this should be pretty straight forward,
instead of using spring xml syntax use the blueprint one, looks
almost the same :)

now retrieve your message like in an example here:

http://camel.apache.org/jms.html

and instead of using a file or the like (used in the examples)
just use the service bean referenced by the blueprint spec

http://aries.apache.org/modules/blueprint.html

regards, Achim

2011/10/11 Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>

> H Achim,
> Thank you very much for the reply!
>
> My client's run time is WAS/Equinox with SCA bindings for JMS/MDB.
>
> But developing any thing using RAD/WAS is  a nightmare! So I'm trying to do
> as much development as possible using RAD(Juat the ecliose_ with KARAF and
> at the same time simulate the end environtment which is
> EQUINOX/SCA/BluePrint/JPA.
>
> But mean while it looks like except for a SCA (using Camel) I can
> develop/test much of the work in KARAF (which I really like it and the
> other
> developers getting hooked on to it after getting kind of burnt by WAD/RAD).
>
> So meanehile I'm looking at it. But at this point I'm pressed for time.
>
> Can you or some one else point me to come good example for the scenerio you
> mention above? active mq picking up a message and invoking a blueprint
> service - This is exactly what will happen in prod - some magic sending a
> JMS message any the starter bundle/bean with an onMessage method invoking
> an
> OSGi service!
>
> The only thing is instead of SCA I would use Camel at dev time for the
> invocation magic!
>
> So any example/doc please? Camel/activemq/onmessage/blueprint service
> invocation?
>
> I appreciate in advance!
>
> Thanks
> Matt

*Achim Nierbeck*

OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>  Committer &
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: KARAF - SCA/Tuscany/ActiveMq binding example

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Matt,

I wonder if you tried camel for doing this yet?

A simple route with an jms/activemq "from" endpoint
routing it to a std. bean (pojo) doing the service call. Besides,
using blueprint you can direct the message directly to a service
which has been injected before.

regards, Achim