Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com> on 2005/08/07 11:15:27 UTC

upload files and jetty /temp dir

Hello Running lenya with jetty and has proven to be pretty stable.

25 days uptime with no memory issues and performance quite good (~ 10
editors concurrent hammering away)

However I've just noticed our first operational issue. As of today editors
cannot upload images

error is

Malformed stream:
/tmp/Jetty__8888__/cocoon-files/upload-dir/pearCommerceLogo.jpg (No such
file or directory)

And indeed no such directory does exist. I'm sure that re-starting lenya
would fix but any ideas what is the cause? How can we prevent this in the
future.
It would seem a shame to schedule restarts just for this ?

Lee C

Re: upload files and jetty /temp dir

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@nunnisoft.ch>.
Hi.

Maybe this problem is similar to one I had some time ago
with jetty..

For me the problem was that the /tmp file system got full and
so jetty could not write its cache..

so.. check the tmp filesystem is not full and/or the quota for
the user running tomcat on that filesystem.

Best regards.

Lee Carroll wrote:
> Hello Running lenya with jetty and has proven to be pretty stable.
>
> 25 days uptime with no memory issues and performance quite good (~ 10
> editors concurrent hammering away)
>
> However I've just noticed our first operational issue. As of today
> editors cannot upload images
>
> error is
>
> Malformed stream:
> /tmp/Jetty__8888__/cocoon-files/upload-dir/pearCommerceLogo.jpg (No such
> file or directory)
>
> And indeed no such directory does exist. I'm sure that re-starting lenya
> would fix but any ideas what is the cause? How can we prevent this in
> the future.
> It would seem a shame to schedule restarts just for this ?
>
> Lee C

                Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
                     mailto:robi@nunnisoft.ch
                     http://www.nunnisoft.ch
   Residenza Boschetto 12           tel/fax: +41-91-6046511
   6935 Bosco Luganese        """    mobile: +41-76-3208561
   Switzerland               (o o)