Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by AJ Chen <ca...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/30 07:19:40 UTC

debug JSP with eclipse

I'm using elicpse for nutch java code and trying to set up eclipse for
debugging JSP pages. I have got WST plugin installed, created a new dynamic
web project called nutch071web, and imported all the webcontent and jars.
But, it failed to run index.jsp page, see error message below. Is anyone
using eclipse to debug nutch jsp pages? Will appreciate some pointers from
you.

Oct 29, 2005 11:06:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextresourcesStart
SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
C:\nutch\nutch071web\.deployables\nutch071web does not exist or is not a
readable directory
at org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java
:140)

AJ

Re: debug JSP with eclipse

Posted by Diane Palla <pa...@shu.edu>.
Jsp's are run by a web container like Tomcat  or JBoss.  (Web containers
are able to convert to a Java class (servlet actually) and then compile
it.)

There is a plugin that can be installed into Eclipse that runs Tomcat and
deploys your JSP's.  Look into MyEclipse software and/or find a Tomcat
plugin for Eclipse.

Diane Palla
Web Services Developer
Seton Hall University