Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com> on 2011/08/09 18:07:57 UTC

Re: [sqoop-user] sqoop having equal number of parse as executions

[bcc:sqoop-user@cloudera.org (deprecated),
to:sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org. Please continue the discussion on
Apache mailing lists - for more information see [1]].

Hi Sonal,

Sqoop does use prepared statements and batch insert semantics. Look at
the implementation of DBInputFormat/DBOutputFormat [2] for details on
how the import/export semantics work.

Thanks,
Arvind

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Mailing+Lists