Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> on 2016/09/20 16:55:04 UTC

Re: jvsd

Hi Gal,

This page talks about the goals and status for jvsd:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61309918

Here’s another thread which discussed options for moving forward:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geode-dev/201605.mbox/%3C14840688A62CAA4197A28AACCDA9D2DB116448A4@ILRAADAGBE4.corp.amdocs.com%3E

The Geode community is currently discussing the scope for 1.0.0 [1] but so far jvsd is not in scope.

Anthony

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geode-dev/201609.mbox/%3cCAK7stczFXw-q1ZtJVYmh2EQPvis5VhUuz834U5K7pDY1h0XuGQ@mail.gmail.com%3e

Re: jvsd

Posted by Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Thanks, Dave!

Re: jvsd

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
Good observations, John.

Re: jvsd

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: jvsd

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.

Re: jvsd

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
+1 If its not part of a release its documentation shouldn't be either.

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Manager

Re: jvsd

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Who are you "end users"?

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: jvsd

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Re: jvsd

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
+1

*Spring Boot* does this too (in some places, for instance, here
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/tree/master/spring-boot-actuator>
[1]
and here
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/tree/master/spring-boot-samples/spring-boot-sample-cache>
[2];
and then from the docs... here
<http://docs.spring.io/spring-boot/docs/1.4.1.RELEASE/reference/htmlsingle/#production-ready>
[3]
and here
<http://docs.spring.io/spring-boot/docs/1.4.1.RELEASE/reference/htmlsingle/#boot-features-caching>
[4],
respectively)

However, they do not have any features that are "experimental" in an actual
release (Milestone, Release Candidate, GA).

[1]
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/tree/master/spring-boot-actuator
[2]
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/tree/master/spring-boot-samples/spring-boot-sample-cache