Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/11/19 18:03:09 UTC

Rollin Alpha in about an hour.

The title says it all.  If you have anything to add, please consider is
carefully.  :-)  Let's get this bad-boy out the door, and get on our way
to a beta in a week and a half.

The only thing not in this alpha that we had hoped to get in was
mod_include.  If not having that is worth a veto, please speak up in the
next hour.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

RE: Rollin Alpha in about an hour.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> > The only thing not in this alpha that we had hoped to get in was
> > mod_include.  If not having that is worth a veto, please speak up in the
> > next hour.
>
> Very simple.  If you really, really want this to be the last alpha,
> then wait for mod_include.
>
> I'm -1 to roll a beta with a brand new mod_include.  I'd like to see an
> alpha with the vast majority of everything working.  mod_include is too
> important to release a rewrite as a beta.  If you don't mind progressing
> to alpha 10, then I'm always +1 for another alpha :-)

Okay, we hold this alpha until the end of the day.  If mod_include comes
in in the next few hours, I'll try to exhaustively test it.  If it
doesn't, then we roll the alpha late today without a new mod_include, and
the beta slips into December.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131