Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jacob Arnold <Ja...@envworld.com> on 2003/07/29 23:26:30 UTC

Strange .txt Linebreak Issue

I'm using the following pipeline to serve text documents via Cocoon:

<map:match pattern="calls/attachments/**">
  <map:read src="../uploads/attachments/{1}"/>
</map:match>

When the text documents have an uppercase extension (test.TXT) Internet
Explorer displays them without linebreaks until the user reloads the page.
When the extension is lowercase, this does not occur. The problem doesn't
happen in any other browsers and I've never seen it using any other Web
servers. Whether the document has Unix or Windows linebreaks doesn't seem to
matter. I've reproduced this issue using Cocoon 2.0.4 on both Windows and
Solaris w/Tomcat 4.1.24 and j2sdk1.4.1_01. Any ideas? Obviously I will try
to enforce lowercase extensions for new files, but we have a fair amount of
legacy data.

Thanks,
Jacob

Re: Strange .txt Linebreak Issue

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Does it work if you add the mime-type info??

<map:read src="../uploads/attachments/{1}" mime-type="text/plain"/>

Joerg