Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Robert Buck <rb...@mathworks.com> on 2002/07/15 21:08:14 UTC

Fwd: Xerces version header patch uploaded; please review.

Forgot to forward to Xerces dev email list...

Re: Fwd: Xerces version header patch uploaded; please review.

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Robert Buck" <rb...@mathworks.com> writes:

> I appreciate you saying that Jason. If you do have any ideas, let me
> know. I did try to figure out better ways to handle expanded string
> literals but cannot yet figure that one out, or if it is even
> possible.

Compliments are easy ;-)

Besides, anyone who volunteers their time to help out an Open Source
project, is a saint in my book...

> I'd be more than willing to help out in other ways too as any help I
> provide only helps me and my employer's product (that being MATLAB).

Hmmm...

Are you constrained to using Xerces-C, or do you have the option of
using perl as well? If so, I could use a tremendous amount of help on
the Xerces-Perl project (I hang out here because I wrap the Xerces-C
library to create the Perl module).

If C++ is it, then it's best to ask Tinny what projects need the most
attention. Patches are always welcome...

> Did anyone per chance take a look at any of the other changes I'd like
> to get in for this up-coming release? Tinny, would you know?

That would be up to Tinny's group.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Fwd: Xerces version header patch uploaded; please review.

Posted by Robert Buck <rb...@mathworks.com>.
At 07:39 AM 7/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Bob,
>
>Your version patch is now in.  Please verify and thanks for the
>contribution.   Help is always welcome.
>
>For your other bugzilla bugs highlighted earlier, I hope I will have a
>chance to review them sometime this week.  I will update the comment log in
>the corresponding bug for any news.

Remember, I can do all the leg-work for you, leaving you to do the review
and merge into source control.
If you have any questions, give me a shout. Regarding those bugs (actually
enhancements), remember that
there are two bugs that address the same problem in different ways. I could
live with just exporting a whole
lot more from Xerces so users can create their own custom parsers and
scanners, which is one of the two
proposals. I am probably repeating myself here, please forgive me if I am.

Posted by Robert Buck <rb...@mathworks.com>.

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.