Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Thamizhazhagan B <Th...@kp.org> on 2021/10/04 18:16:03 UTC

Search results priority failed using boosting

Hi,

We have following fields that should be prioritized as below

  *   Name (Priority 1)
  *   Code (Priority 2)
  *   Description (Priority 3)
  *   Short description (Priority 4)

Boost query:
bq=(Name)^50&bq=(Code)^40&bq=(Description)^30&bq=(Short description)^20

Boosting is not working as Priority3 items comes to top than Priority2.

Actual results in rare scenarios:

  *   Name (Priority 1)
  *   Description (Priority 3)
  *   Code (Priority 2)
  *   Short description (Priority 4

So we applied constant score (^=) and also tried to give high score for code (P2) than Description (P3), but that also not giving expected results.

Please guide me how to bring results in correct order as per priority using boosting consistently across all scenarios.

Thanks for your support!!

Thanks,
Thamizh

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295  Thank you.

RE: Search results priority failed using boosting

Posted by Thamizhazhagan B <Th...@kp.org>.
Hi Team,

Sorry to bother you again.

Shall I have update on this issue.

Thanks,
Thamizh

Posted by Thamizhazhagan B <Th...@kp.org>.
Hi Jayaprakash,

Thanks for the support.

Here we have written custom index field for 'Starts With' feature. So we are expecting results which starts with given keyword. Also Priority should be "breadcrumbtitleindexed_t" then by "Descnameindexed_t". If you see the below result set, first result is starts with given keyword ('Prothrombin') at "Descnameindexed_t"   but that is less priority one. We expect 2nd and 3rd results should come at top as keyword starts with  "breadcrumbtitleindexed_t"

Custom index fields definition:
<field fieldName="breadCrumbTitleIndexed" storageType="yes" indexType="UNTOKENIZED" returnType="text"> ***</field>
<field fieldName="DescNameIndexed" storageType="yes" indexType="tokenized" returnType="text"> ***</field>

Query:
https://localhost:8983/solr/***_web_index/select?bq=(breadcrumbtitleindexed_t:%22QQQ%20prothrombin%22)^20&bq=(Descnameindexed_t:%22QQQ%20prothrombin%22)^10&q=((((mediacontent_t:culture+AND+categorytype_t:Testdoc)++-)+OR+((bodycontent_t:(prothrombin)+AND+_templatename:(%22Test+Instruction%22))++-))+AND+haslayout_b:(true))&defType=edismax&hl.simple.post=+%3C/span%3E+&hl.maxAnalyzedChars=200000&hl.fl=bodycontent_t,mediacontent_t&fl=name,rilis_name_t,breadcrumb_title_t,breadcrumbtitleindexed_t, Descnameindexed_t,score&rows=1000

Results:
{

Posted by Jeyaprakash Singarayar <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tamizhazhagan,