Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tremal Naik <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/16 15:34:44 UTC

context.xml: ClassNotFoundException

Hello, I have a problem with Tomcat 5.5.9
I created a file CiccioPasticcio.war with my application. I have to
filter user requests using Tomcat Valves, so I wrote a context.xml file
with the following

<Context cookies="true" crossContext="false" >
  <Valve
className="com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LoginErrorMessageValve" />
  <Valve
className="com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LicenseRequirementsValve" />
  <Valve className="com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.TomcatFixValve" />
</Context>

The file is in the folder

CiccioPasticcio.war\META-INF\context.xml

The Valve classes are in the war into the following location:

CiccioPasticcio.war\WEB-INF\classes\com\ciccio\pasticcio\web\valve\LoginErrorMessageValve.class

When I start tomcat I have the following

SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LoginErrorMess
ageValve
SEVERE: Parse error in default web.xml
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.ciccio.pasticcio.web.valve.LoginErrorMess
ageValve

I tried to put the above classes in a Jar and I deployed the Jar into
the C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9\common\lib folder, but now I have a
ClassNotFoundException for the Catalina ValveBase.

can you help me, please?

--
TREMALNAIK

Re: context.xml: ClassNotFoundException

Posted by Tremal Naik <tr...@gmail.com>.
2006/3/16, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>:
> your valve classes have to be in common/lib or common/classes or
> server/lib or server/classes
>
> for security purposes, the best place would be server/lib or server/classes
>
> Filip

Well, I put the classes in a jar deployed in server/lib ok, now
everything looks fine.

Thanks

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.