Posted to community@apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/12/19 18:31:30 UTC

First take on server load graphs...

Hi All:

In addition to web log statistics, I've created load average graphs.
Check them out at:

  http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/load.html

Feedback is very welcome.

Vadim

Re: First take on server load graphs...

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Thursday, December 19, 2002 12:31 PM -0500 Vadim Gritsenko
> <va...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi All:
>>
>> In addition to web log statistics, I've created load average
>> graphs. Check them out at:
>>
>>   http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/load.html
>>
>> Feedback is very welcome.
>

> Cool.
>
> Quick question about the daily web traffic stats.  Is it possible to
> break out the httpd download traffic into httpd and httpd-python?
> httpd-python should be located in www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython.

It's possible but it would affect httpd stats...

>   I'd like to get an idea where all of the download traffic within
> httpd is.  Problem is httpd-python isn't using mirroring and before
> beating up on Grisha again to change his external link on
> modpython.org, I'd like to know how much of a problem it really is...

... It's better to introduce sub-projects notion then if such level of
details is desired. It's more work then a quick hack though :)

> Also, perhaps we should commit your scripts/pages into CVS somewhere
> so that people can edit it themselves.  =)  We might also want to move
> it out of your home dir...  =)

That's in the plans... Don't know yet what whould be best place though.

> I'm definitely finding this information useful.

Thanks for the feedback!

Vadim

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.

www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython.  I'd like to get an idea where
all of the download traffic within httpd is.  Problem is httpd-python
isn't using mirroring and before beating up on Grisha again to change
his external link on modpython.org, I'd like to know how much of a
problem it really is...

Also, perhaps we should commit your scripts/pages into CVS somewhere
so that people can edit it themselves.  =)  We might also want to
move it out of your home dir...  =)  I'm definitely finding this
information useful.

Thanks!  -- justin