Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/03/29 22:44:52 UTC

Heads up: hadoop-2.0.0 release

I'm considering making our first release with HDFS HA in the next couple of weeks, tentatively mid-April.

Please let me know (via jira) if you see any blockers.

IMO, given the current state, I propose to tag this as 'alpha' quality.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Heads up: hadoop-2.0.0 release

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Just re-opened HDFS-3391, fails consistently with an assert error.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Uma, I was planning to do this, but could not get to it. Please do integrate the change.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Looking now. Thanks Arun.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Arun,

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> OTOH, I just rolled the hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc0 I realized we have *no*
> docs/guide for HDFS HA.
>
> Granted it's an alpha release; however, given that HDFS HA is a *major*
> feature it _behoves_ us to provide *some* docs/guide via mvn-apt.
>
> I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3354, any
> volunteers? Eli, would you be willing? (Thanks in advance!)

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/src/site/apt/HDFSHighAvailability.apt.vm

Is the guide at that path in the repo not sufficient? What more are you
looking for?

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Heads up: hadoop-2.0.0 release

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> The last blocker went in around a week ago and I've been running some MR tests.
>
> OTOH, I just rolled the hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc0 I realized we have *no* docs/guide for HDFS HA.
>
> Granted it's an alpha release; however, given that HDFS HA is a *major* feature it _behoves_ us to provide *some* docs/guide via mvn-apt.
>
> I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3354, any volunteers? Eli, would you be willing? (Thanks in advance!)
>
> Once this is fixed I'll re-roll the RC0 asap, all ready to go my end.
>
> PS: I'm travelling on a family emergency, pls expect sporadic response till Monday am PST.
>
> thanks,
> Arun

Awesome, thanks.  Per ATM the HA docs are already done.  HADOOP-8346
just came in but I think we can quickly fix it.
How about re-rolling once this is resolved?

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.