Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/07/17 19:28:50 UTC

[classlib][logging] Test Failures - FileHandlerTest (was Re: [bild] linux failure)

Ok, the problem is that we're including FileHandlerTest, there are a few
bugs (maybe) and our implementation differs from the RI, and the failure
is platform dependent to boot.

First bug, in FileHandlerTest.testInvalidParams() we have things like :

   // %t and %p parsing can add file separate automatically
   FileHandler hl = new FileHandler("%taaa");

First problem is that our implemention *doesn't* add the separator, so
the result is that logging is trying to create (on linux)

    /tmpaaa

and given that my root dir is locked down (and I don't run as root!),
creating that file failed.   On my windows box, this passed because
java.io.tmpdir ends w/ a separator, so it creates the thing as expected.

Now, the RI on linux puts in the separator, so the result is

  /tmp/aaa

Reading the spec, this is not what I expected, as there is a separator
"/" defined, and all examples use it, and nothing is said about it.

So, we can either fix the test, or given that the RI does behave beyond
the spec (and adds the separator), I suppose that we should just simply
add a separator in the implementation for %t and %h?

geir

Re: [classlib][logging] Test Failures - FileHandlerTest (was Re: [bild] linux failure)

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Heh.  We have to share...

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.