Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2000/07/11 23:20:29 UTC

[ANN] Xalan-J 1.1 Point Release posted to xml.apache.org

Xalan-J 1.1 is a complete reference implementation of the W3C XSLT and
XPath Recommendations.  We have a number of new minor features and several
bugfixes since our 1.0-level release.  Note however there are a couple of
minor but important changes in certain areas, especially file references on
the command line and URIs in HTML attrs: see the Release Notes for details.

To download Xalan-J 1.1, see (yes, the files really are there now!):
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_1_1.zip
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_1_1.tar.gz

Xalan-J 1.1 works with Xerces-J 1.1.2 (note the new build!), and an
appropriate xerces.jar is included in the Xalan distro.

Build notes:

-- Open README.html, which takes you to the User's Guide in the docs
directory and the Javadoc in docs/apidocs. (Sorry, the text-only README is
not updated)

-- See the "URI attributes in HTML output" section in the Release Notes for
a minor but important feature we've added that we'd like some feedback on.
Also see "Updates to stay in synch with Xerces-Java" for details on file
references on the command line.

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8 with with
Makefile; zip and CYGWIN Tar/make utilities.

-- Ant fans take note: our build.xml is updated and appears to work quite
nicely, although we have not run our full testset against an Ant produced
build (and of course some of the output paths are different with the
'build' directory).  Note that the replace @@version@@ stuff in build.xml
is not enabled yet, since some people still use Makefile.

-- The doc and Javadoc are built with Stylebook and the JDK 1.2.2 javac and
javadoc tools.

-- The Xalan distribution includes xerces.jar from Xerces-J 1.1.2 as a
convenience.

-- The sample applications are in samples/xalansamples.jar. See
docs/samples.html for the details.

-- Sources are from the trunk and are tagged 'xalan_1_1'.

Sorry for the delay, networks and firewalls conspired against us this week.
Oh, and Xalan-C will be posting shortly...
----    ----
- Shane        Automation, Test & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com  AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan

Xerces calls SAXParserFactoryImpl but doesn't have it?

Posted by "Longstrom, Ed" <lo...@AtlasCommerce.com>.
Here is the error I am getting when attempting to invoke the newInstance
method from the SAXParserFactory class:

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Cannot load class
SAXParserFactory class "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

This file doesn't seem to be in the Xerces 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, but it is in one
of the Developer Releases http://xml.apache.org/from-cvs/xml-xerces/.  It
was just interesting since this is called by Xerces itself.

Any background on this?  And would it be wise to add this from the Dev
release to the current jar file?

Thanks.