Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Kelly Hair <ke...@citrix.com> on 2013/07/18 14:17:01 UTC

NYC CloudStack User Group Meetup #2

I reached out to Chris Swenson from WebMD after running into him at an event about hosting the 2nd CloudStack User Group meetup.  He obliged with gusto and we're tentatively looking at the first week of September.

The questions I wanted to pose are:
- Who should present?
- What should they cover?

Since I'm starting the feedback chain – my take:  in the course of my day job on the commercial side, I recently met with Redapt and Basho in NYC and they have both expressed an interest in presenting @ a user group meeting.  Additionally, Chris shared that they are talking with Rackware &confirmed with Rackware that they are interested in sharing how they are looking to integrate with Apache CloudStack.  We all know what SolidFire has been doing with the storage plugin in Apache CloudStack 4.2.  Then from the top level/cloud management layer you currently have ScalR, RightScale and Dell/Enstratius. It got me to thinking that since CloudStack's main issue is mind share, perhaps it would be important to not only have regular user group meetups, from a brand awareness perspective, but also to serve as further validation of what we already know – CloudStack just works & has a growing number of integrations.

Anyhow, thought I'd table this & start the feedback chain of actionable ideas.

Any thoughts?

PS -  The NYC CloudStack User Group is hosted on Meetup @  http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-NYC-User-Group/

PPS – Bad form.. I know.. Anyhow, noticed that there was a suggested to on setting up devcloud (see: http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-NYC-User-Group/messages/boards/thread/34299622#101100342 )

Re: NYC CloudStack User Group Meetup #2

Posted by Phong Nguyen <pn...@gilt.com>.
We (Gilt) would be happy to talk about the LXC and Cloudstack integration.
Please contact me offline about the details.

Thanks,
Phong

Posted by Phong Nguyen <pn...@gilt.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.