Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by CL...@aol.com on 2003/06/24 06:13:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Newbie loading apache on Microsoft 2k pro

Hey guys, I've tried loading apache 2.0 on my computer which runs win 2k pro.
 but it keeps saying "System cannot find specified: No Installed service
named "Apache2".  anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Bucky

RE: [users@httpd] Newbie loading apache on Microsoft 2k pro

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Sure... go to the apache/bin folder in command prompt and type in "apache -k
install"

That should install the service apache2 in your system services.
If that doesn't work, make sure you do not have IIS running on port 80.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324